Create a new label
Assigning labels to your sessions allows an extra level of time tracking. It will make things easier when reporting on your time entries and invoicing a particular client by tracking the scope of work you've completed for that client.
Create a label
There are a few ways you can create a new label.
- From the timer screen.
- From the label management screen.
- From your time entries screen, when editing a completed time entry.
Create a new label from the label management screen
- Visit the label management screen.
- In the top right-hand corner, click 'Add label.'
- Type in the name of the label you would like to create. For example, 'emails' or 'client communication.'
- Click 'Save.'
Creating a new label from the timer screen
- Click on the 'Choose a label' field.
- Type in the name of your new label, the task you will be working on. For example, 'pomodoro article.'
- Click 'Create pomodoro article' (for example)
- Your new label is then saved to your drop down list.
Create a new label from the time entries screen
In your time entries, you can remove, reallocate or create a new label to past time entries. For example, you may have selected the wrong label at the time of running this session or, quickly ran a session without selecting or creating a new label.
To create a new label for an existing time entry;
- Visit the 'Time entries' screen.
- Find the session you would like to create a new label for.
If you completed quite a few sessions during a certain date period, you can quickly identify the session that does not have a label allocated to it. This session will only show as the (missing label) if there wasn't a label used.
3. Click on the underlined session you would like to edit.
4. Click on the '-' icon under the 'Label' column.
5. Type in the name of the new label.
6. Select "Create (label name)" at the top of the drop-down menu.
7. Click 'Save.'
If you need any help with your label management, contact our support team via the ‘Help’ icon located in your menu. We would be happy to help.